Published on Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 12: 00pm
Have you ever been curious about the ins and outs of laser hair removal? Well, today we are going to be giving you the facts when it comes to this transformative treatment. Let’s debunk some of the misinformation floating around about laser hair removal.
- How does it work? Simply put, the laser uses the pigment in the hair as a conductor. The goal is to destroy the hair from the root. The light from the laser converts to heat only where it can detect hair pigment. People with dark hair are excellent candidates for laser hair removal contrary to popular belief. Since hair will enter the growth cycle at different times, several treatments are necessary to disable most of the follicles in a particular area. Initial treatments need to be scheduled preferably at four-to-six week intervals, and later as the cycle slows the treatments need to coincide with the active growth cycle. With these multiple treatments we can ensure that most hair follicles and the root bulbs are disabled.
- Does it hurt? A simple answer is no. Our machines are top of the line. They use cool mist technology in order to ease the power of the laser. However, everyone’s skin sensitivity is different and you may experience slight redness or irritation during the procedure. You should be fully recovered shortly after.
- Will this be an all day event? No! Our technicians are licensed practitioners and will complete the procedure within minutes! And the great part is there is no down time, you can return back to work right after your laser hair removal treatment.
- What are a few things to know about after care? Avoid direct sun exposure, going to the gym, and any activity that may cause you to sweat directly after.
- What can be additional positive side effects? You can see less ingrown hairs, less irritation and overall smoother more flawless skin after laser treatment! What a bonus!
- Can it work on dark skin? One of the things we pride ourselves on at Lumiere Skin & Laser is the fact that our state of the art Syneron Candela’s FDA approved GentleMax Pro laser works on ALL skin tones and hues. If you use an inferior laser there can be skin discoloration, but with our machines we can help people with all skin types!
Now that you have an understanding of how laser hair removal works, what are you waiting for? Are you ready to divorce your razor and get back time? Give us a call to setup a FREE consultation!